How to care for your Hawaiian lei. Keep it fresh and extend its life.
LEI CARE & HANDLING
Proper care for your lei
Our orchid leis and orchid flowers can last 5-7 days and longer if cared for properly. They must remain in a relatively cool temperature range 50 ° F – 55 ° F. You may fill a spray bottle with water and mist the lei if it looks soft or just lightly sprinkle water with your hand, then place in a Ziploc bag and/or plastic bag and place in the refrigerator or cooler. This will revive the flowers and can work overnight.
Helpful Tips for our Leis and loose Blooms
- Avoid temperatures below 45° F and do not place in the freezer.
- A good temperature range is between 50 ° F – 55 ° F.
- Once you receive your shipment, quickly unpack the leis carefully. Put the Lei(s) in a plastic grocery bag or a Ziploc bag.
- If you have ordered a large bulk shipment make sure you have a proper place to store them. Such as a walk in refrigerator or similar.
- Another way to store the leis is with a cooler with ice in it. Place a hand towel or newspaper over the ice so the leis do not touch the ice.